“Dora The Explorer” Sweepstakes
February 23, 2009 – March 1, 2009
1. PRELIMINARY INFORMATION: No purchase necessary. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning. Void outside the WVIT NBC 30 (“NBC 30”) terrestrial geographic viewing area and where prohibited. The Dora The Explorer Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) will begin on February 23, 2009 at 6:00 am ET and end on March 1, 2009 at 11:59 pm ET (“Sweepstakes Period”). All times in this Sweepstakes refer to Eastern Time (“ET”). Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to permanent, legal U.S. residents who are physically located in the NBC30 terrestrial geographic viewing area in the counties of Hartford, New Haven, Litchfield, Middlesex, Tolland, Windham, and New London in the state of Connecticut, and who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the start of the Sweepstakes Period. Officers, directors, and employees of Sweepstakes Entities, members of these persons’ immediate families (spouses and/or parents, children, and siblings, and their spouses, regardless of where they reside), and/or persons living in the same households as these persons (whether or not related thereto) are not eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities, as referenced herein, shall include Sponsors (as defined below) and their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliate companies, and administrative, advertising, and promotion agencies, and any other entity involved in the development, administration, promotion, or implementation of the Sweepstakes.
3. TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes will consist of a total of five (5) Daily Drawings conducted on the five (5) days comprising the Sweepstakes Period. Each Daily Drawing will consist of: (i) a daily entry period (“Daily Entry Period”) that will begin at 6:00 am ET on each day of the Sweepstakes Period (the “Daily Entry Period Start Time”) and will end on the same day at 11:59 pm ET (the “Daily Entry Period End Time”) as detailed in the chart below (except the Daily Entry Period beginning on February 27, 2009, which will end on March 1, 2009), and (ii) a random drawing (a “Daily Drawing”) conducted on the Daily Drawing date (the “Daily Drawing Date”) specified in the chart below from among all eligible entries received during each such Daily Entry Period.
To enter, watch NBC 30 News (the “Show”) each weekday at 6:00am ET during the Sweepstakes Period and look for each morning’s unique “Secret Password,” which will be revealed during the Show. Then, access the NBC 30 website at www.nbcconnecticut.com, search for the keywords “Dora The Explorer” and click on the Sweepstakes icon. Follow the provided instructions to complete and thereafter submit the registration form, which includes the “Secret Password”, name, address, telephone number, email address, and other information (collectively, the “Entry”). Once a Daily Entry Period has begun, participants may enter the Daily Drawing until the end of such Daily Entry Period, as listed in the chart below. The “Secret Password” will also be posted on www.nbcconnecticut.com. All entries become the property of NBC Universal, Inc., 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10112, NBC 30, 1422 New Britain Ave., West Hartford, CT 06110, Live Nation, 9348 Civic Center Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210 and Chevrolet Theatre, 95 South Turnpike Road, Wallingford, CT 06492 (collectively, “Sponsors”), and will not be acknowledged.
Entries for the last Daily Drawing must be received before March 1, 2009 at 11:59 pm ET to be eligible for the Sweepstakes. Sponsors’ computer shall be the official timekeeper for all matters related to this Sweepstakes. You may enter only once per Daily Entry Period, for a total of five (5) Entries during the entire Sweepstakes Period. Multiple entries received from any person or email address beyond this limit will void all such additional entries. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted or unintelligible for any reason including, but not limited to, computer or network malfunction or congestion, are void and will not be accepted. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant who made a potentially winning entry, Sponsors reserve the right to deem that the entry was made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an Internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use entrant’s name, city, state, likeness, image and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission, or approval.
Daily Promotion Daily Entry Period Start Time Daily Entry Period End Time Daily Drawing Date
1 6:00 am ET on February 23, 2009 11:59pm ET on February 23, 2009 On or about February 24, 2009
2 6:00 am ET on February 24, 2009 11:59pm ET on February 24, 2009 On or about February 25, 2009
3 6:00 am ET on February 25, 2009 11:59pm ET on February 25, 2009 On or about February 26, 2009
4 6:00 am ET on February 26, 2009 11:59pm ET on February 26, 2009 On or about February 27, 2009
5 6:00 am ET on February 27, 2009 11:59pm ET on March 1, 2009 On or about March 2, 2009
4. SELECTION OF WINNER AND NOTIFICATION: One (1) potential daily winner (“Daily Winner”) will be selected in a random drawing on or about the Daily Drawing Date for that particular day’s drawing as specified in the chart above from among all eligible Entries received during the corresponding Daily Entry Period by employees or representatives of Sponsors. A total of five (5) potential Daily Winners will be selected during the entire Sweepstakes Period. Winning is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules. Sponsors will make two (2) attempts to notify potential Daily Winners at the phone number and/or email address submitted at the time of Entry. Potential Daily Winners may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, release of liability, and, except where prohibited, publicity release within two (2) days of such notification. Noncompliance within this time period will result in disqualification, and at Sponsors’ sole discretion, an alternate potential Daily Winner may be selected. If potential Daily Winner cannot be reached, if he/she is found to be ineligible, if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, or if his/her prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner will be disqualified and at Sponsors’ sole discretion, an alternate potential Daily Winner may be selected. Non-winning entries from one Daily Entry Period will not be rolled over into the next Daily Drawing. Limit one (1) prize per family or household.
5. PRIZE: There will be five (5) prizes (each a “Prize”) awarded, each consisting of the following: four (4) tickets for Daily Winner and three (3) guests (each a “Guest”) to a performance of “Dora The Explorer Live! Search for the City of Lost Toys” scheduled to take place at the Chevrolet Theatre, 95 South Turnpike Road, Wallingford, CT 06492 on March 6, 2009 at 7:00 pm ET (the “Performance”); and four (4) passes to meet “Dora” before the Performance. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Prize is one hundred thirty dollars ($130) each. ARV of all Prizes is six hundred fifty dollars ($650). Details of Prize will be determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar Prize (or Prize element) of comparable or greater value at its sole discretion. All Prizes will be held at the Chevrolet Theatre Will-Call under each Winner’s name. All taxes and other expenses, costs, or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of Prize are the sole responsibility of Winner. Prize cannot be transferred by Winner or redeemed for cash and is valid only for the items detailed above, with no substitution of Prize by Winner. If Prize is unclaimed, it will be forfeited, and, at Sponsors’ sole discretion, an alternate Winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries. If a Prize element is not available for any reason, the remaining elements of Prize shall be awarded and shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsors’ Prize obligation to Winner, and no additional compensation will be awarded. Sponsors shall have no responsibility or liability for cancellations, delays, or any other change by any company or person providing any element of Prize, and are not responsible or liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence thereof. Date and/or time of Performance is subject to change. Performance is subject to cancellation. If Winner chooses to attend the Performance with fewer than three (3), or no, Guests, the remaining elements of Prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsors’ Prize obligation to Winner and no additional compensation will be awarded. Guests, if any, may be required to execute and return releases of liability and, except where prohibited, publicity releases (collectively, “Guest Documents”), which must be returned with the Sweepstakes Documents, or Guest portion of the Prize will be forfeited. If any Guest is a minor, Winner, or one of the other Guests, must be such minor’s parent or legal guardian and must execute and return the Guest Documents on such minor’s behalf.
6. CONDITIONS: By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees for entrant and for entrant’s heirs, executors and administrators (a) to release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities and their respective officers, directors, and employees (collectively, “Released Parties”), from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes and/or his or her acceptance, possession, use or misuse of Prize, or any portion thereof (including any travel related thereto); (b) to indemnify Released Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and to hereby acknowledge that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to Prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by the Prize supplier that are sent along with the Prize; (c) if selected as a Winner, to the posting of such entrant’s name on www.NBCConnecticut.com and the use by Released Parties of such name, voice, image, and/or likeness in any and all media now or hereafter known. throughout the world in perpetuity. Without additional compensation, notification, permission, or approval, and, upon request, to the giving of consent, in writing, to such use; and (d) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error herein or in the Sweepstakes itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsors, whose decisions are binding and final. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from this Sweepstakes at Sponsors’ sole discretion.
7. ADDITIONAL TERMS: Sponsors reserve the right to terminate this Sweepstakes or permanently disqualify from any promotion any person it believes has intentionally violated these rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Sweepstakes or the operation of the Sweepstakes is unlawful and subject to legal action by Sponsors who may seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The failure of Sponsors to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsors (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations), or other “force majeure” event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical, or computer failures of any kind; for inaccurate transcription of entry information; for errors in any promotional or marketing materials or in these Official Rules; for any human or electronic error; or for entries that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed, lost, late, damaged, or returned. Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes or any element thereof (including, without limitation, these Official Rules) without notice in any manner and for any reason (including, without limitation, in the event of any unanticipated occurrence that is not fully addressed in these Official Rules). In the event of cancellation, modification, or suspension, Sponsors reserve the right to select Winners in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the event warranting such cancellation, modification, or suspension. Notice of such cancellation, modification, or suspension will be posted at www.nbcconnecticut.com.
8. DISPUTES: THE SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN NEW YORK, NEW YORK. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN NEW YORK. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN THE COUNTY OF NEW YORK. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT: For the names of the winners, available after March 8, 2009, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by May 30, 2009 to: “Dora The Explorer” Sweepstakes Winner List, c/o NBC30, 1422 New Britain Ave., West Hartford, CT 06110.
Rules and Regulations
“Dora The Explorer” Sweepstakes