- 4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded to a quarter-inch thickness.
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 3 peaches, peeled, cored, diced into three quarter-inch pieces
- ½ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. green or red jalapeno, minced finely
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro or mint, chopped
- To taste, salt and black pepper
Lightly coat the chicken breasts with the vegetable oil and lime zest.
Let this marinate for as little as 15 minutes or overnight under refrigeration.
While the chicken is marinating, make the salsa by combining in a bowl the peaches, red onion, jalapeno pepper, lime juice and cilantro.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Reserve.
When ready to serve, preheat the grill on high heat. Grill the chicken on high heat for about two minutes on each side, or until the interior is white and juices run clear. Season both sides with salt and black pepper if desired. Serve with the peach salsa.