Smoking Caused Fire That Injured 1: Officials

One person was injured in a house fire in Clinton on Wednesday morning and the cause was smoking-related, according to fire officials.

Deputy Fire Marshal Bill Robbins said they received a call at 2:30 a.m. reporting a fire at 36A Hammock Road.

The fire was ruled accidental, the cause was determined to be smoking related and one person was transported to Yale-New Haven Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Fire departments from Madison and Westbrook provided mutual aid.

Contact Us