A man died in a fire at a house in Hamden on Tuesday night and fire officials said two other people were treated for smoke inhalation and have been released from the hospital. Two family pets also died in the fire.
Firefighters responded to 775 Hill St. in Hamden at 10:16 p.m. after several neighbors called and they found heavy fire in the breezeway and garage that was spreading into the house.
Two people got out of the home, one through a bedroom window and another through the front door, and told firefighters another person was still inside the house.
Firefighters searched the home as others worked to put the fire out and they found 59-year-old Frank Mangiero dead in the living room, according to the fire department.
Get Connecticut local news, weather forecasts and entertainment stories to your inbox. Sign up for NBC Connecticut newsletters.
The two people who were able to get out of the house were transported to Yale New Haven Hospital, treated for smoke inhalation and released from the hospital this morning.
The Hamden Fire Marshal’s Office, Hamden Police Department, and Connecticut State Police Fire and Explosion Investigation Unit are investigating.
Stories from LX News
LX, or Local X stands, for the exponential possibilities of storytelling in our communities.