Friendly's in North Haven is closed for the rest of the day after a small fire on Sunday.
Fire officials said a small fire started due to the improper disposal of cigarettes outside of the Friendly's on Universal Drive and then spread inside of the restaurant.
Employees said they called 911 to report smoke in the building and an active fire alarm.
The Health Department is at the restaurant.
Officials said the restaurant will remain closed for the rest of the day.
There were no injuries reported.