Metro-North has added service on the New Haven line Sunday and that includes trains leaving each half hour between New Haven and New York, during peak as well as off-peak hours.
- Three new midday trains will leave from New Haven on weekdays at 11:25 a.m., 12:25 p.m. and 1:25 p.m.
- Four new trains will leave from Grand Central Terminal at 9:34 a.m., 10:34 a.m., 11:34 a.m. (which will replace the 11:34 a.m. express to Stamford), and 12:34 p.m.
- On Saturdays, new trains will leave New Haven at 2:25 p.m., 3:25 p.m., and 6:25 p.m.; new trains will leave New York at 10:34 a.m., 11:34 a.m. 12:34 p.m., 1:34 p.m., 2:34 p.m., and 10:34 p.m.
- On Sundays, new trains will leave New Haven at 2:25 p.m., 3:25 p.m., and 7:25 p.m.
- New trains will also leave New York at 11:34 a.m., 12:34 p.m., 1:34 p.m., 2:34 p.m., and 10:34 p.m.
Metro-North operates the New Haven Line and its three branches – to New Canaan, Danbury and Waterbury.
On Saturday and Sunday nights, a new 10:10 p.m. train will leave Waterbury, which is two hours later than the current last train.
A new train will also leave Grand Central at 10:04 p.m. and Bridgeport at 11:41 p.m., which is one hour later than the current last train headed to Waterbury.
The trains preceding the last train are rescheduled, cutting the current four-hour intervals between trains to three-hour intervals.