A 16-year-old boy was arrested, accused of making a bomb threat at South Windsor High School earlier this week.
A note was found in a common area of the school on Tuesday afternoon that indicated there would be a bomb placed in the school. It was not specific about when or where the bombing would happen.
The school called South Windsor Police at 4 p.m. on Tuesday and officers searched the building, but found nothing suspicious.
South Windsor Police School Resource Officer Charlie Bowes reviewed footage from school security video and identified a suspect. When the officer interviewed the teen and his parents, the boy admitted he left the note, police said.
The teen was charged on Thursday with second-degree breach of peace and threatening. The case was referred to the Juvenile Court at Rockville and the teen us due in Juvenile Court on May 10.
"While we are disappointed that one of our students would commit such an irresponsible act, we are pleased to bring closure to this unsettling event," Principal Daniel P. Sullivan II said in a letter posted on the school's Web site. "Out of respect for student privacy, we will not provide detailed information, but I assure you that appropriate action is being taken."