Woman Severely Burned in Farmington Fire

A woman suffered severe burns during a fire in Farmington on Wednesday and was pulled from the blaze.

Firefighters responded to 47 Grandview Drive on Wednesday afternoon after the woman called 911 to report the fire, but she apparently never got out of the apartment.

The fire broke out in the kitchen.  The victim told police she left something cooking on the stove, according to Lt. Marshall Porter.

The victim, who has only be identified as a 60-year-old woman, suffered second-degree burns to her face, neck and arms.

Lifestar medical helicopter was called but could not fly because of the weather, officials said. 

It's the second fire in the same apartment since May, according to neighbors.  Police say the fire in May was a burning mattress caused by a cigarette.

Contact Us