Woman Suffers Burns in New Britain Fire

A woman was transported to the hospital after suffering from burns sustained from a structure fire in New Britain on Saturday, the fire department said. 

New Britain Fire Department responded to a two-alarm house fire on 163 Miller Street at 1:28 p.m.

The apartment affected with smoke and water damage was on the first floor of the two-family building, officials said. 

Firefighters said they were able to rescue the woman they found in a burning room of the apartment. The victim sustained an undetermined amount of burns to her body and suffered smoke inhalation.

The woman was transported to a local hospital before being transferred to the Connecticut Burn Center at Bridgeport Hospital, according to the fire department.

The other occupant of the building was no present during the incident but was displaced due to the fire, officials said.

The fire was declared under control at 1:43 PM.

Contact Us