This recipe serves four.
- 4 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Scallions, chopped
- 1 Tsp. Fresh ginger, grated or chopped finely
- 1 Tsp. Fresh garlic, chopped finely
- 2 cups Chinese cabbage -- Napa or Bok Choy --shredded
- ½ Cup carrots, shredded
- ¼ Cup bell peppers, sliced
- 1 ½ cups cooked, cooled brown Basmati rice
- ½ Cup hoisin sauce
- As needed, garnish with roasted peanuts, toasted sesame seeds, fried Chow Mein noodles
- Heat a sauté pan on high heat.
- Add vegetable oil and onions to the pan. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the scallions, ginger and garlic. Cook, stirring for about 30 seconds, or until aromatic.
- Add the cabbage, carrots and bell peppers, tossing to evenly wilt. Cook for about 2 minutes, leaving the cabbage still crunchy if desired.
- Add the rice and cook until hot.
- Finish by adding the hoisin sauce, tossing to evenly coat. Adjust consistency of sauce with a little water if needed.
- Garnish with roasted peanuts, toasted sesame seeds or fried chow mein noodles if desired and serve.