Makes 8-10 servings.
- 1 pound ditalini pasta - cooked in boiling salted water and drained
- 1.5 cups reserved pasta cooking water
- 6 ears corn cut off the cob
- 6 slices bacon chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes – cut in half
- 1 cup pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot sauce to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until cooked about 10 minutes.
- Before straining remove 1.5 cups of pasta water and set aside.
- Drain pasta and let rest in the colander. In a large pot add the corn and chopped bacon and cook over medium high heat.
- Cook for about 7 minutes or until bacon and corn begins to caramelize.
- Add the garlic and tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the reserved pasta water and bring to a simmer. Add the pasta and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese and honey. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and hot sauce to taste. Garnish with parsley.