Ingredients (Serves four)
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Onions-finely chopped
- 2 tsp. Garlic-minced
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Coriander
- 1/4 Cup Cider Vinegar
- 3/4 Cup Ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. Molasses
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 2 Chicken Breasts-boneless, skinless, cooked and shredded
- 4 Corn Tortillas
- As Needed Vegetable Oil as Needed for Frying
- As Needed Shredded Jack Cheese, Diced Tomatoes, Shredded Lettuce, Cilantro
- Sprigs, Sour Cream, Lime Wedges
- Prepare BBQ sauce by heating a saute pan on medium heat. Add the vegetable oil and onions. Cook for about 2 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic, cumin, coriander, cook 30 seconds. Add vinegar, ketchup, molasses and honey, whisk until smooth. Stir in the shredded chicken breast. Reserve warm to serve with tostadas.
- To fry tostadas, heat 1/2” of vegetable oil in a saute pan wide enough to fit your corn tortillas to 350 °F. Fry one tortilla at a time flipping after the first side gets light golden. Remove to drain. Season once out of the oil. Repeat with other tortillas.
- Top each fried tortilla with the shredded bbq chicken, jack cheese, and sprinkle any of the suggested garnishes above. Enjoy!
Lincoln Culinary Institute’s Website: www.lincolnculinary.edu