This recipe makes about 18 fritters.
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ Cup Milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 ¼ Cups Diced Strawberries
- As Needed Canola Oil for frying
- As Needed Powdered Sugar to coat fritters after frying
- Sift together the first 4 ingredients into large bowl.
- In separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Now, pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and whisk gently just to combine.
- Cover and let batter chill for 30 minutes. Meanwhile hull and dice your strawberries.
- Remove the batter from the refrigerator and gently stir in the strawberries. To fry the fritters, heat a pot no more than halfway filled with canola oil to 350ºf. Drop the batter into the oil in tablespoons, allowing space between each. Fry in small batches of only 3 fritters at a time for about 2 minutes, turning occasionally until medium golden brown.
- Drain briefly and coat with powdered sugar. Enjoy!
Click here to visit Chef Jamie's Facebook page.