- ½ Lb. native green beans, cleaned and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- ½ Lb. pasta, any favorite variety, cooked, drained, hot
- To taste, salt and black pepper
- As needed, pasta cooking water and grated Parmesan cheese
- Fill a medium-size pot with water and bring up to a full boil, on high heat. Season to taste with salt.
- Add the green beans and return to a boil without placing the lid on. (This helps preserve color).
- When the green beans are just tender crisp, add the basil leaves just to wilt. Drain.
- Reserve a few green beans to use as garnish and place the others in a blender with the olive oil, butter, and garlic.
- Puree until smooth, adding a small amount of the pasta cooking water as needed.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Immediately toss the sauce with the heated pasta.
- Divide onto serving plates, garnish with reserved cooked green beans, fresh basil leaves and grated Parmesan cheese.