- 6 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1small cucumber, diced
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2-4 dashes hot sauce or more if needed
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 Tsp. mustard seed
- 1 Tsp. turmeric
- Place corn kernels, diced onion, diced cucumber, diced plum tomato and diced pepper in a medium-sized sauce pan.
- Add the hot sauce, sugar, vinegar, mustard seed and turmeric and mix well.
- Bring to a simmer on high heat. Simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the liquid is a syrupy consistency.
- Let cool, pack into jars and keep in refrigerator up to four weeks.