This recipe serves four.
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Cup Leeks, washed, split in half and sliced
- ½ Cup Onions, diced
- ¼ Cup carrots
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Can Chickpeas, drained( approximately 16-oz. can)
- 2 ½ Cups Turkey or chicken broth
- ½ Cup Fresh tomatoes, diced
- 4 Tbsp. Fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 Cup Cooked turkey or chicken meat, diced or shredded
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat a soup pot on medium-high heat.
- Add the olive oil, leeks, onions and carrots.
- Cook, stirring for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic, cook 30 seconds.
- Add the chick peas and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, parsley and turkey meat.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Enjoy!