- 1 Fresh fennel bulb, cut in quarters, cored, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 3 Oranges, skin removed, segmented, juice rest of orange for dressing
- ½ Small red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ Cup black olives, preferably Greek Kalamata, pitted, rough chopped
- 2 tbsp. Fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh shaved Parmesan to garnish
Place the fennel, oranges, onions and black olives in salad bowl. To make dressing, whisk together in small bowl the citrus juices and the mustard.
While whisking, gradually add the olive oil and whisk until smooth. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. To serve, toss dressing with bowl of fennel and garnishes.
Divide on four salad plates and garnish with fresh shaved Parmesan, a grind of black pepper, etc.