This recipe serves four or more.
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ cup onions, diced
- 1 Tsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tsp. ground coriander
- 2 Tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tsp. chipotle chile paste
- 2 cans white cannellini beans, drained (15 oz. cans)
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 Poblano chile peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded, chopped ¼-inch
- 1 lb. cooked, shredded turkey
- Salt, black pepper to taste
- Shredded lettuce, jack cheese, crispy tortillas, tomato salsa, sour cream, lime wedges and cilantro to garnish
- Heat a heavy-bottom soup pot on medium-high heat. Add the vegetable oil, and onions. Cook, stirring occasionally until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cumin, coriander, garlic, tomato paste and chile paste. Cook, stirring for about 1 minute.
- Add the beans, chicken broth and roasted poblano chiles to the pot. Cover, bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the cooked shredded turkey and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve hot, garnished with any of the above suggestions.