This recipe makes three to four cups.
- ¼ cup raisins
- 4 cups large, diced eggplant
- 2 Tsp. kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 5-6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomato
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp. capers, drained
- Place the raisins in a metal bowl, plump in hot water and set aside.
- Toss the eggplant in a large mixing bowl with the kosher salt.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil and toss in the eggplant. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the eggplant in lightly browned and soft. Remove and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan and add the onions. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute. Stir in the tomatoes and add back the cooked eggplant. Stir well to incorporate.
- Drain the raisins and add to the pan with the balsamic, parsley and capers. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.