What's your favorite pizza joint? Connecticut Magazine has compiled a list of the state's top pizza places – and those that will soon have their own slice of history.
There's no numerical system here. Instead, restaurants are ranked in categories: "Legends" are pizza royalty (no surprise that many are located in New Haven) and "Legends in the Making" comprise up-and-coming pizza sensations.
There are also "Beer Bar Pizzas," "Unusual Places" and "Best of the Rest."
- Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana in New Haven
- Sally's Apizza in New Haven
- Modern Apizza in New Haven
- Roseland Apizza in Derby
- BAR in New Haven
Legends in the Making
- Colony Grill in Stamford, Fairfield and Milford
- Da Legna in New Haven
- Tarry Lodge in New Haven and Westport
- Bufalina in Guilford
Beer Bar Pizza
- Fire Engine Pizza Company in Bridgeport
- Krust Pizza Bar in Middletown
- Coal House Pizza in Stamford
- Stanziato's in Danbury
- Brick + Wood in Fairfield
- Nica's Market in New Haven
- Mozzicato DePasquale Bakery, Pastry Shop & Cafe in Hartford
- Nauti Dolphin Pizza in Fairfield
- Vocatura Bakery in Norwich
Get the full scoop at connecticutmagazine.com.