Three nonprofit organizations are working together to "STOP Hunger" as part of Hunger Action Month, which kicks off in September.
Residents can donate $25 to receive discount cards from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday at the Pitkin Plaza at 157 Orange Street.
The cards can then be used to toward discounted purchases at the following locations throughout the month of September:
- Elm City Market is offering 5 percent off
- Idiom is offering 20 percent off a handbag
- G. Café Bakery is offering 15 percent off a purchase
- Jake’s Wayback Burgers in Orange is offering 15 percent off
- Trinity Bar and Restaurant is offering 10 percent off
Customers are also encouraged to donate as part of the Pin-Up Campaign, in which the donor's name and amount are written down and posted on the wall of one of the following businesses:
- Christy’s Irish Pub in New Haven
- Duffy’s Tavern in Orange
- Modern Apizza in New Haven
- Trinity Bar and Restaurant in New Haven
- Woodbridge Gathering in Woodbridge
Community Soup Kitchen, FISH of Greater New Haven and Loaves & Fishes Food Pantry are behind the initiative. Together, the three organizations feed more than 100,000 people annually.
More information is available online at www.stophungerinnewhaven.org.