2 UConn Students to Hospital Following Chemical Spill

Sunday, Nov 17, 2013  |  Updated 9:22 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
2 UConn Students to Hospital Following Chemical Spill

Denis Jr. Tangney/Getty Images

advertisement

Two students were taken to the hospital for an evaluation following a chemical spill inside a UConn engineering lab Sunday evening, according to university fire officials.

The students were working with a combination of ammonia and sulfuric acid when about a cup of the mixture spilled at the Engineering II building at 260 Glenbrook Road, said UConn Fire Chief John Mancini. Fire officials responded to the scene around 5:30 p.m. Sunday.

Both students evacuated following the spill and were taken to the hospital as a precaution, Mancini said.

The scene was clear by 7 p.m.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Get Fit With NBC Connecticut!
The Health & Wellness Festival is back in... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out