- ½ Cup Walnut Halves or Pieces
- 1 Tbsp. Egg White-beaten until just foamy
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 5 Tbsp. Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Shallots-minced finely
- 5 Tbsp. Canola or Vegetable Oil
- 6 Cups Salad Greens-washed and spin dried
- 3/4 Cup Blue Cheese-crumbled
- 2 Apples-cored and sliced
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350º. Toss the walnuts with the egg white and sugar, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Lay out in one layer on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until toasted. Reserve.
Prepare dressing by whisking together the vinegar, honey, Dijon and shallots. Gradually pour in the oil while whisking, whisk until smooth. Season dressing to taste with salt and black pepper.
To present, toss dressing with the salad greens, gently coating. Divide greens on four plates and garnish with an equal amount of the blue cheese, apple slices, and toasted walnuts.