This recipe makes about 1.5 quarts
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Cups Carrots-peeled and diced
- ½ Cup Onions-diced
- ½ Cup Apples-peeled, cored and diced
- 2 tsp. Fresh Ginger-peeled and finely grated
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth or Water
- 1 Cup Apple Juice or Water
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Heat saucepan on medium high heat. Add butter, carrots, onions, and apples. Cook for about three minutes stirring occasionally until ingredients are softened.
- Add the chicken broth and apple juice. Cover pot and simmer for about 20 minutes or until ingredients are very tender.
- Puree the soup to your desired consistency using a hand blender, upright blender, or food processor. If soup is too thick for your preference, stir in water or broth. If soup is too thin for your preference, put back in pot and simmer until soup is reduced.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve hot. Enjoy!
Please visit Chef Jamie's Facebook page.