Cherry Tomato Salad
LONDON, ENGLAND - OCTOBER 09: Tomatoes are displayed at the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) Harvest Festival Show on October 9, 2013 in London, England. The nation's enthusiasts are showcasing their finest home grown fruit and vegetables for two days at the RHS Horticultural Hall. (Photo by Peter Macdiarmid/Getty Images)
Makes 1 quart.
- 4 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ cup small diced red onion
- 12 basil leaves thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- A couple of grinds of fresh ground black pepper
- Place the tomato halves, small diced red onion and basil in a medium mixing bowl and mix well.
- Toss with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, kosher salt, sugar and a couple of grinds of black pepper.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and sugar if needed.