Makes 1 quart.
- 4 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ cup small diced red onion
- 12 basil leaves thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- A couple of grinds of fresh ground black pepper
- Place the tomato halves, small diced red onion and basil in a medium mixing bowl and mix well.
- Toss with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, kosher salt, sugar and a couple of grinds of black pepper.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and sugar if needed.