- 4 large, ripe tomatoes, cored and cut into 1-inch cubes
- ¼ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 yellow or green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ½ cup feta or cotija cheese, crumbled
In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, cucumber, and bell pepper. Add the oil, vinegar, salt, and black pepper, and stir gently. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
Divide the salad among 6 chilled plates and sprinkle each serving with 2 tablespoons feta.