- 1 package freeze-dried, porcini mushroom tortelloni
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup red wine
- 1 – 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup cream
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons premium vodka
Cook the tortelloni as stated on the package then drain and set aside. In a medium sized sauce pot heat the oil over medium high heat then add the onion. Cook for 1 minute while stirring often. Mix in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Pour in the wine and simmer until dry. Add the diced tomatoes and return to a simmer. Stir in the cream and reduce by ¼. Incorporate the cheese and the basil. Taste and add salt if necessary. Gently mix in the cooked tortelloni and vodka then serve.
Makes 2 large dinner portions.