Tomato and Chorizo Salad with Crusty Bread
- 1 pt cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup sliced chorizo
- 1 thinly sliced shallot
- tbls roughly chopped parsley
- 1 tbls rough chopped basil
- 1 clove garlic thinly sliced
- olive oil
- sherry vinegar
- salt and pepper
1. In a hot pan, render the fat from the chorizo.
2. As the fat is rendering, mix in a bowl the tomatoes, shallots, and herbs. Add about half a tbs of olive oil and splash of sherry vinegar.
3. Add the sliced garlic to the pan of chorizo and remove from the heat.
4. Add about a tablespoon of sherry vinegar to the hot pan, allow vinegar to evaporate.
5. Pour some of the liquid and all of the sausage onto the tomato mixture and toss.
6. Finish with some crusty bread and a little blue cheese on the side. Serve family style.