If you don't want to cook or if you're travelling on Christmas Day, there are quite a few restaurants that'll be open.
The website, Offers.com, compiled a list of more than two dozen places to eat on the holiday. NBC CT also added to this list.
- Boston Market – Select locations will be open and serving a traditional plated meal on Christmas. The Christmas Menu includes hand-carved ham with two sides, a dinner roll and a slice of Apple Pie for $12.99, in addition to other meal options (see full Christmas Day menu)
- Buffalo Wild Wings – Most locations will be open on Christmas. Check with your local location for hours.
- Chuck E. Cheese's – Some locations will be open on Christmas day from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. Check your local franchise for its hours. Not all will be open.
- Denny’s – Denny’s promises to be open 24 hours, 365 days a year extends to Christmas. It will be serving up its regular menu on Christmas Day.
- Hometown Buffet - Restaurantswill be open until 3 p.m. on Christmas Eve and on Christmas Day from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- IHOP – Most locations will be open on Christmas. Try one of IHOP’s seasonal specials, like its snowman pancakes.
- McDonald’s – Some locations will be open, but expect hours (and whether it’s open at all) to vary by franchise.
- Panda Express – Some — but not all — Panda Express locations will be open on Christmas Day. This varies by restaurant, as many are independently owned. So call ahead.
- Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse – Ruth’s Chris will be serving Christmas Dinner on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (at participating locations only) starting at noon. Reservations required. Menu will vary by location.
- Starbucks – For those who need a caffeine fix on Christmas Day, Starbucks will be open. Check your location’s hours.
Exact hours (and whether a restaurant is open) may vary by franchise or individual location. Offers.com called several locations for each of the chains below to confirm that some locations will be open. However, it’s wise to call your nearest location in advance to confirm hours — and to make a reservation if necessary.