Nothing like a snow day to keep you in front of the computer a few extra minutes!
- Time to get ready for Super Bowl Sunday! Complete coverage of the game here.
- If you're in it for the ads, you'll be able to vote during the game for your favorite commercial -- right here on NBCConnecticut.com. (You can also vote now on which you're excited about.) Just think about this: They're paying $100,000 a second for your eyeballs.
- And want to stuff your face like a linebacker? Go here!
- Speaking of voting, the polls are open for NBCConnecticut's First-ever Golden Local. We're letting you chime in on who has the best pizza -- Sally's or Pepe's? Tell us why, here.
- And since it's a nice snowy day, we thought you might like a fun little game to play, here.
Wednesday, Jan. 21
Tuesday's Presidential Inauguration was the largest test of the capability of the Internet, as usage "hit a record peak", reports the NYT.
The biggest winners on NBCConnecticut.com include:
Highlights today: Day One in Images Photo Gallery
There were some cool ways to tell the story, like this interactive picture from The Washington Post where you can hover over someone's face in the crowd and learn who they are.
"Slide down the banister of the solarium, go to T-ball games, have swimming parties, and play Sardines on the White House lawn."
Speaking of the White House, the new administration is very into using the web to connect with the public. The new WhiteHouse.gov site was up within minutes of the inauguration. They've set up a blog on the site, with an RSS feed, so you can stay on top of the comings-and-goings of the White House.
The next big event is Super Bowl XLIII, Feb. 1. The Boss runs the halftime show, and here, you can discuss which playlist you think he should play! Among the hits you can choose from are Glory Days, Dancing in the Dark, The Rising and of course, Born to Run.
Or, just check out the starting line-up for the Animal Planet's Puppy Bowl here! Ohhh, puppppies!