Connecticut Children’s Medical Center

Bulkeley High Students Taken to Hospital After Consuming Marijuana Brownie: School Officials

Two Bulkeley High School students were taken to the hospital after eating a marijuana-laced brownie Tuesday, according to Hartford school officials.

The two girls left school early with permission and ate the brownie off school property, according to school spokesperson John Fergus. After ingesting it, the girls called an ambulance and were taken to Connecticut Children’s Medical Center for evaluation.

School officials said it is not clear where the girls got the brownie.

The case remains under investigation.

A student was taken to the hospital after falling ill from what police said was an edible narcotic that was given to her by another student at Bulkeley High School in Hartford on Monday.

This is the second incident involving edibles laced with drugs connected to the school this week. A student was sent to the hospital Monday after consuming what police called an “edible narcotic” at school. In that case, the student was given the narcotic by another student, who has since been suspended.

Contact Us