Girl Sick After Taking ‘Edible Narcotics’ at Bulkeley High School: Police - NBC Connecticut

Girl Sick After Taking ‘Edible Narcotics’ at Bulkeley High School: Police

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Student Sickened By Edible Narcotic at Bulkeley High School

    A student was taken to the hospital after falling ill from what police said was an edible narcotic that was given to her by another student at Bulkeley High School in Hartford on Monday. (Published Monday, Oct. 15, 2018)

    A Bulkeley High School student went to the hospital after consuming what police called an “edible narcotic” at school Monday morning. 

    Officers responded to the high school just before 10 a.m. and school security told them a boy had brought the narcotic to school and shared it with a girl who started feeling sick after ingesting it. 

    District officials believe the girl did not know what it was at the time. 

    The girl’s mother brought her to Connecticut Children’s Medical Center to be evaluated and medical staff determined she had a minor reaction and said she was in stable condition, according to police. 

    Police said none of the edible narcotic was left and the boy said only that he got it “at a corner store somewhere” and shared it only with the girl. 

    They said the school suspended the boy.

    Get the latest from NBC Connecticut anywhere, anytime