Childcare Center Evacuated Over Carbon Monoxide

Grammy’s Garden Learning Center on Pasco Drive in East Windsor and some residences were evacuated after carbon monoxide detectors went off on Monday morning.

One teacher and one child were at the center when the detector went off and were taken to the hospital as a precaution. The students have since been picked up, officials said.

Linda Jones, who owns Grammy’s Garden, said a CO detector went off around 7 a.m. and the director called 911.

Officials from the fire department do not know what set the detectors off, but said the levels are normal. 

There is no evidence that the issue was caused by anything at the childcare center and there is no cause for concern. 

Yankee Gas also responded.

The complex includes the business and residences.

Contact Us