The Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection has released its predictions for the fall foliage this year.
They said peak color will be between October 5 and November 8.
DEEP recommends visiting the following eight state parks and forests for fall foliage and spectacular views:
- Cobble Mountain at Macedonia Brook State Park in Kent
- Mohawk State Forest in Cornwall
- Mt. Misery Overlook at Pachaug State Forest in Voluntown
- Chaugnam Lookout at Peoples State Forest in Barkhamsted
- Observation Tower at Shenipsit State Forest in Somers
- Heublein Tower at Talcott Mountain State Park in Simsbury
- Mt. Tom State Park in Litchfield
- Dennis Hill State Park in Norfolk
The dates of the peak color could change depending on the weather over the next few weeks.
Litchfield County and the Woodstock area will see the colors first and the shoreline will be the last.
For more information on DEEP's fall foliage recommendations, click here.