Seven people got out of a burning home in Danbury this morning when a fire spread from a camper to the house on Hilltop Manor.
The fire was reported at 1:03 a.m. and was contained to two rooms, but the residents will be out of the house for a couple days and the Red Cross is assisting the residents.
Snow and ice slowed firefighters’ efforts for a bit.
"The fire was moving quite quickly when we got here. A couple propane tanks exploded. We had one crew hitting the exterior fire where the camper was. Another crew went inside and contained the fire to one end of the house," Danbury Deputy Fire Chief Bernie Meehan said.