People’s United Bank is closing 18 Connecticut branches as part of consolidation efforts following the acquisition of United.
The following locations will be closing between December 2019 and April 2020.
- Bristol - 888 Farmington Ave.
- Enfield Big Y - 65 Palomba Dr.
- Glastonbury - 1009 Hebron Ave.
- Greenwich - 415 Greenwich Ave.
- South Windsor - 161 Nevers Rd.
- Southington - 158 N Main St.
- Waterford - 124B Boston Post Rd.
- West Hartford - 102 Lasalle Rd.
- Westport - 370 Post Rd E.
- Manchester - 768 N Main St.
- Rockville - 25 Park St.
- South Windsor - 1645 Ellington Rd.
- Enfield - 231 Hazard Ave.
- Glastonbury - 2670 Main St.
- Hartford - 151 Asylum St.
- Manchester Big Y - 234 Tolland Tpke.
- Vernon Circle - 35 Talcottville Rd.
- Windsor Locks - 20 Main Street
People’s United CEO Jack Barnes said the closures are intended to reduce overlap after the acquisition.
“United customers will have access to our in-store Stop & Shop branches across Connecticut, which offer full-service, extended-hour banking, seven days a week. Combined with our personalized mobile and online banking services, we feel our presence state-wide is stronger than ever, and we look forward to building relationships with the loyal customers of United Bank,” he said in a media statement.