Firefighters responded to Lots & More on Sullivan Avenue in South Windsor this morning after an electrical panel in a storage room caught fire before the store opened.
Crews responded at 7:15 a.m. and Eversource arrived within 15 to 20 minutes to shut off the power so firefighters could battle the fire.
There was no damage to the rest of the storage area or the rest of the building.
The road was closed at Troy Road because of the water supply across the street, but it has since reopened.
The fire marshal and building inspector responded and will determine when the store can open.