There was a gas line rupture at UConn in Storrs Wednesday morning and school officials said it has been resolved.
Just after 9 a.m., UConn emergency services were notified that an underground gas line had been ruptured during construction near the Baseball Batting & Hitting practice facility in the Athletics District on Jim Calhoun Way.
UConn officials said the road was closed in the area because of construction, so emergency workers were able to block off the area quickly.
A small number of students had recently moved into Hilltop Apartments nearby, and they were evacuated.
UConn said Connecticut Natural Gas was called in to shut off the gas and neighboring fire departments were put on mutual-aid standby in case UConn Fire needed help with other calls while responding to the gas leak. UConn Police and UConn Facilities also assisted.
The situation was resolved in an hour and no injuries are reported and work is underway to repair the underground line.
Most students will return to campus between Aug. 23 and 25.