This recipe serves four.
- 4 Cups Apples-Golden’s or other baking variety peeled, cored diced ¾”
- ½ Cup Dried , Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- ½ Cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Oatmeal
- 4 Tbsp. Butter-cold, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 375ºf. In a bowl combine the apples, blueberries, sugar, cinnamon, lemon zest, juice, and vanilla extract. Sift the cornstarch over the fruit and toss very well.
- Divide the fruit into four individual baking dishes or in one 6 x 8 casserole dish.
- To make the topping, sift the flour into a bowl and stir in the brown sugar, oatmeal and butter.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut the butter pieces until crumbly. Toss thoroughly. Spoon and level (don’t pack) the topping mixture over the fruit.
- Place the baking dishes on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the fruit is tender and the crisp topping is deep golden. Let cool 10 minutes and serve warm with ice cream. Enjoy
Please visit Chef Jamie's Facebook page.