- 1 pound boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 pound chicken thighs, boneless
- 2 Italian sausages (hot or sweet)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 red peppers, cut into chunks
- 2-3 hot cherry peppers, drained, patted dry and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth/stock
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Cut the chicken into large pieces (or bite size) then add to a small bowl and season with salt, pepper, chicken, thyme, parsley and onion powder then toss around to coat.
- Slice the Italian sausage into 1 1/2 pieces.
- Add olive oil into the pan and once hot add in seasoned chicken. Let cook for about 3 minutes browning all sides. Add in sausage and continue cooking for another 7 minutes or so.
- Add in red peppers, cherry peppers and garlic. Move around the chicken and sausages to fit in the peppers and garlic. Let cook for another 5-6 minutes lowering the temperature to medium.
- Add in chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Let reduce by 1/4 and taste the broth for any additional seasonings.
Find more information on Cindy's Table's website: http://www.cindystable.com/recipes/item/chicken-scarpiello