This recipe makes about one quart.
- 1 ½ cups Ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 2 Tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 2 Tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 Tsp. fine sea salt
- 2 cups mixed summer berries
- Place the ricotta cheese in a food processor bowl fitted with metal blade. Puree until totally smooth, scraping down as necessary.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the berries and puree again until smooth.
- Freeze the mixture in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer’s directions. Serve garnished with any mix of summer berries and a crisp cookie.