- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 Cup onions - small diced
- 1/2 Cup leeks - chopped and washed well
- 2 Cups boiled potatoes - diced 1”
- 3 Cups broth from cooked corned beef - or use chicken broth
- 1 Cup boiled cabbage - chopped
- 1 Cup corned beef - cooked and shredded
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat a heavy bottom saucepan on medium heat with butter. Add the onions and leeks. Cook for about 3 minutes or until softened and sweet smelling. Add potatoes and broth. Cover, bring to a boil, and simmer until potatoes are very softened.
- If a brothy soup is desired, simply add the cabbage, corned beef and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- If a thick, hearty soup is desired, puree the soup, add the cooked cabbage, corned beef, and season to taste with salt and pepper. If soup is too thick for you after pureeing, add a little more of the broth. If too thin, bring soup to a boil, remove lid and simmer down until thickened.
Lincoln Culinary Institute’s Website: www.lincolnculinary.com