- 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cups onions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ cup prosciutto ham, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups cooked saffron rice, any favorite variety, cooled
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 8 basil leaves, torn
- To taste, salt and pepper
- Heat a saute pan on medium-high heat.
- Add the olive oil and onions. Cook, stirring for about three minutes or until well wilted and slightly browned at edges.
- Add the garlic and prosciutto and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the rice and stir to heat through.
- Finish by adding the diced tomatoes and basil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle with more olive oil before serving and enjoy!