Chef Jamie Roraback from Lincoln Culinary Institute makes seared salmon sliders in honor of the Seattle Seahawks playing in the Super Bowl.
- 1 Lb. Salmon fillet-cut into 12 small pieces, about 1/3” thick
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. Sriracha - or add more to taste
- 3/4 Cup shredded cucumber
- 1/4 Cup finely sliced red onion
- 12 Small dinner rolls - sliced in half, warmed
- To taste salt and black pepper
- Heat a saute pan on medium high heat. Pat the salmon very well with a paper towel to dry. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Add the canola oil to the pan and sear the salmon about 90 seconds on each side. Remove and reserve for the sandwiches.
- Prepare the mayonnaise by whisking together the mayonnaise, lime zest, lime juice, seasoning to taste with salt and black pepper. Reserve.
- To assemble, dress the warmed rolls with the mayonnaise. Divide the cucumber and onions among the bottom rolls. Place a salmon portion on top of the cucumber, and finish with the roll tops. Enjoy!
Lincoln Culinary Institute’s Website: www.lincolnculinary.com.