- 4 avocado
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 1.5 Serrano pepper dice
- 3 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/3 cup plum tomato diced
- 2 tsp chopped cilantro
- 3 tbsp fresh squeeze lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine 2 1/2 tablespoons cilantro, onion, and 1 tablespoon jalapeño in a mortar or a large bowl; season with salt and mash with a pestle or the back of a fork until a coarse paste forms.
- Using a small knife, cut flesh (not skin) of each avocado lengthwise into 4 strips, then crosswise 4 or 5 times, forming cubes.
- Using a spoon, scoop cubes out of peel and into mortar with onion mixture. Mash until slightly chunky.
- Mix in remaining cilantro and jalapeño along with the tomato, lime juice, and zest. Season to taste with salt.
- To jazz things up add in roasted garlic, shrimp or roasted vegetables.
- Serve with tortilla chips
This can be make 4 hours ahead. To store, press plastic wrap on surface of guacamole and chill.
Soltoro makes their fresh guacamole tableside so customers can customize it to their preferences. For more information, visit their website.