This recipe makes eight side dishes servings or four entree salads.
- 4 cups of carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups of parsnips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 fennel bulb, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 red onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup of red wine
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- Small block of Parmesan cheese, shaved with a horseshoe peeler
- Baby spinach
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over high heat.
- Toss in carrots and parsnips with the salt. Cook for five minutes over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the fennel and onions and cook for three minutes.
- Add the rosemary, olives and red wine, and transfer to a roasting pan. Roast for 35 to 45 minutes or until carrots are cooked thoroughly.
- Toss with balsamic vinegar and serve as a side dish or over baby spinach with shaved Parmesan cheese on top.