Minor Lightning Strike Rattles Danbury Boy | NBC Connecticut

Minor Lightning Strike Rattles Danbury Boy



    Google Maps
    Danbury fire officials are responding to this Park Avenue home after it was reportedly struck by lightning.

    The Danbury Fire Deparment is reponding to 15 Park Avenue, where a clothesline struck by lightning carried an electric current into the house.

    According to Deputy Fire Chief Charly Slagle, an 11-year-old boy was sitting on the couch holding a remote control when he was jolted by electricity.

    Slagle said he suffered a minor shock when the current traveled from the clothesline to the remote in his hand.

    The boy was shaken up but wasn't hurt, fire officials said.

    Slagle said the department has received multiple calls regarding lightning strikes in the area, but so far all the incidents have been minor.

    View Larger Map