Propane Explosion Damages Building in Meriden

Thursday, Mar 20, 2014  |  Updated 6:57 AM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Propane Explosion Damages Building in Meriden

NBCConnecticut.com

Meriden firefighters responded to a propane tank explosion at 194 Camp Street on Wednesday night.

Meriden firefighters responded to the report of a propane tank explosion at 194 Camp Street on Wednesday night.

Roofers working on the commercial building were using propane tanks to heat materials on the roof when and uncontrolled release of gas ignited around 6 p.m., according to fire officials.

The explosion caused a small fire, but it was quickly put out, fire officials said.

The building is the former home of Rosie's Cafe.

Fire officials said no one was injured, but the building did suffer some damage.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
9/27-9/28 - Get Fit With NBC Connecticut!
The Health & Wellness Festival is back in... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out