Homes Evacuated After Gas Leak in Madison | NBC Connecticut

Homes Evacuated After Gas Leak in Madison



    Madison Hose Co. 1
    Madison firefighters responded to Buck Hill Road in North Madison when a propane leak sprung Sunday morning.

    Several homes wee tempoarily evacauted on Buck Hill Road in Madison following a propane link Sunday moning, according to Madison police.

    Fire officials said the leak sprung mid-morning and mutual aid was called in from Durham and Guilford. A tanker and full strike team were sent in.

    It happened when a homeowner struck an above-ground connection to a 500-gallon tank with his or her vehicle, according to the New Haven Register.

    The New Haven Register reports that the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection was also called to the scene as a precaution.

    Police said the evacuations were temporary and that the situation has been resolved.