Connecticut officials released new details about the state's first six medical marijuana dispensary facilities today, announcing the approval of sites in Branford, Bridgeport, Bristol, Hartford, South Windsor and Uncasville.
The facilities can legally dispense Connecticut-produced marijuana products to seriously ill patients who have registered with the state’s Medical Marijuana Program.
Four marijuana producers received licenses in January. These six dispensary facilities were chosen from 27 applicants.
The selected dispensary facilities are:
- Arrow Alternative Care, Inc., at 92 Weston Street in Hartford
- Bluepoint Apothecary, LLC, at 469 East Main Street in Branford
- D & B Wellness, LLC, at 2181 Main Street in Bridgeport
- Prime Wellness of Connecticut, LLC, at 75 John Fitch Boulevard in South Windsor
- Thames Valley Apothecary, LLC, at 1100 Norwich-New London Turnpike (Route 32), in Uncasville
- The Healing Corner, Inc., at 159 East Main Street in Bristol
“With the selection of dispensary facilities, all necessary pieces of the medical marijuana program are in place and we are poised to provide patients with a safe and secure source of needed medicine,” Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection Commissioner William M. Rubenstein said. “As retail points from which products are dispensed and educational materials are provided to patients, the dispensary facilities will be the public face of Connecticut’s medical marijuana program, and therefore, careful thought and deliberation went into selection of the most qualified applicants.”
These dispensaries must pay a $5,000 license fee and submit final documentation within 30 days.
All are expected to be ready to open and serve patients by the time marijuana products are available from licensed producers sometime this summer.